To support our beneficiaries into higher education and promote their success stories as they achieve results in their chosen fields.
The tertiary grant is paid in two instalments 50% (1st Instalment) on approval of the grant and 50% (2nd Instalment) on receipt of results before 28 February 2023.
Trustees will consider applications for a grant from students who satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be a current owner or a beneficiary of an owner.
- You are enrolled as a fee-paying student in a TEC recognised Tertiary Institution as a full time or part time student
- You will not be eligible for a grant if you receive the Government’s new FREE FIRST YEAR TERTIARY STUDY.
- A grant will NOT be paid for any course related fees.
- You must be a current owner or a beneficiary of an Individual Owner or Whanau Trust.
- You are enrolled as a fee-paying student in a TEC recognised Tertiary Institution as a full time or part time student.
- If you have not registered click here to register REGISTER
Grants will be paid in two equal instalments as follows:
- Instalment 1 - upon approval of the grant
- Instalment 2 - producing your End of Year results 28 February of the following year
- Funds to all approved applications will be paid directly into the applicants nominated bank account
- Applications will be considered in June and paid in the month of July
- Payments will be made within 10 days after the consideration of the application
- An email or letter will be sent advising the applicant
Only students who were successful in receiving the 1st instalment of the Tertiary Grant are eligible to apply for the 2nd instalment.
Please fill out the online form and submit your 2022 End of Year Results before 28 February 2023.
If you do not know your Beneficiary (BE) number, please contact the office
Smart phone users
Our online applications support mobile devices. Take photos of your required documentation and upload them where required as you progress through the form. All photos must be visible/readable. Unclear photos will delay the processing of your grant.